Nassau County Spousal Support Lawyers
Effective Solutions to Family Law Disputes
During a divorce, either spouse has the right to petition for spousal support, also known as alimony or spousal maintenance. Whether you are seeking support or your spouse is trying to get you to pay, the Law Office of Tzvi Y. Hagler, P.C. can help. Our Nassau County spousal support attorneys can help you understand your legal options and advocate for a fair settlement.
Spousal Support Decisions
In New York State, there are several types of spousal support, including temporary, durational, and permanent. When a case is brought to trial, a judge will evaluate the spouses’ financial situation to determine if support payments are appropriate, how much should be paid, and how long the payments should last for.
When deciding on spousal support, the court will consider several factors, including:
- The needs of the spouse requesting support
- The ability of the other spouse to pay
- Each spouse’s present and future earning capacity
- The age of each spouse
- The length of the marriage
- The health of each spouse
- Any contributions made by one spouse to enhance the other’s career
- The ability of the spouse petitioning for alimony to become self-supporting
- One spouse’s need to incur training or education expenses
- Any inhibition of one spouse’s earning capacity due to caring for children
- Any presence of abuse that affected one spouse’s ability to obtain or maintain employment
Your Case Is Our Top Priority
From resolving temporary alimony disputes to securing a long-term spousal support settlement, the Law Office of Tzvi Y. Hagler, P.C. is prepared to advocate on your behalf. Whatever your situation, our Nassau County spousal support attorneys can provide you with the personalized attention that your case requires.
For trustworthy legal services from a skilled family law attorney, reach out to (516) 514-3868 today.