Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreement Attorneys in Nassau County
Protect Your Best Interests in New York, including Queens, Kings, Rockland, Manhattan and Westchester Counties.
Life is full of uncertainty. A properly drafted marital agreement can define and protect the rights and interests of you and your spouse during your marriage and in the event of a divorce.
At the Law Office of Tzvi Y. Hagler, P.C., we provide experienced guidance to those seeking to prevent future disputes over marital responsibilities and asset distribution. Our Nassau County prenuptial and postnuptial agreement lawyers can help you craft a marital contract that is fair and one that provides you with peace of mind about your future.
Why Get a Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreement?
Although a prenuptial agreement is entered into before marriage and a postnuptial agreement is entered into during marriage, the two marital contracts have essentially the same purpose – to protect the spouses’ property if the marriage ends.
Many people have reservations about pre- and post-marital contracts. Perhaps you are wondering if this type of agreement makes sense for your situation. Know that we are here to help evaluate your circumstances to see if this form of protection is right for you.
While any couple can create a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, they are particularly useful for:
- Couples that have significant assets
- Spouses who have a large inheritance coming
- Those who desire to avoid conflict in the event of a divorce
- Spouses who are starting a business independent of their marital partner
- Parents who want to distribute their separate property to children from a prior relationship
- Couples who wish to clarify the financial rights and responsibilities of each spouse during a marriage
Understanding Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
At Law Office of Tzvi Y. Hagler, P.C., our experienced attorneys specialize in prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to protect your best interests in New York. Whether you are getting married or already married, these legal agreements can provide clarity and security in the event of a divorce or separation.
Why get a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement?
- Protect assets and property acquired before marriage
- Clarify financial rights and responsibilities during marriage
- Outline spousal support and alimony terms
- Establish guidelines for handling debts and liabilities
Our team is dedicated to guiding you through the process and ensuring that your agreement is fair and legally sound. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you navigate family law matters with confidence and peace of mind.
What We Can Do for You
Beyond helping you determine if a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement is preferable for your situation, our attorneys can also help you draft an enforceable agreement. All marital agreements must contain specific elements, or else they will be void. To ensure the enforceability of your prenuptial or postnuptial agreement
To ensure the enforceability of your prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, reach out to the Law Office of Tzvi Y. Hagler, P.C. at (516) 514-3868.